Thursday, May 15, 2014

Day 2 - 330 miles, Phoenix AZ to Las Cruces NM

Another emotionally charged today. The community support and out reach has been heart warming. The streets lined with flag waving Americans. I cry every time we get off the freeway.  And then the people that line the overpasses. Hundreds of them through out the day. The most emotional are the single men standing on the side saluting. I haven't been able to get a picture. It's hard to see them until we have just about passed by. Enjoy this bridge shot. 



Today's Hero Board:

The citizens of Wilcox, AZ for unbelievable patriotism. 



It is so hard to choose one or two heroes to share with you from the hundreds of experiences and people we meet everyday. 


This is LCPL Travis Layfield, I met his mother, Diane Layfield at the end of the day when we were checking into the hotel. A Gold Star Mother from California. She shared with me her son's story and we cried together. She gave me this button to wear on my vest. I am honored!!!! 

I did not think it possible but I have a deeper love and appreciation for our veterans, our active military and their families. I know, how can that be possible? 

Well, tomorrow looks like another hot one. We have been told that by tomorrow our formations need to be super tight. Only two seconds between bikes. Driving through El Paso, Texas is going to be hairy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment