Friday, May 1, 2015

The Gratitude Project-A tribute to America, American Vietnam Veterans and Vietnamese Veterans


I happened upon this 6th grade school project while visiting a flag shop in Newport Beach, California. Linda Lang shared with me her feelings after attending this amazing 6th grade class assembly entitled "The Gratitude Project". As I watched the video of the project, my eyes filled with tears and my heart swelled. I can't think of a better tribute to America, American Veterans and Vietnamese Veterans.

"The Gratitude Project is an oral history project in which students conducted a parallel study of gratitude evolving from the Vietnam War as experienced by Vietnamese and United States Veterans. They questioned and identified evidence that concludes gratitude is present even in the aftermath of war. "

A special shout out to Valerie Del Carlo, 6th Grade Teacher at John A. Murdy Elementary School, Garden Grove, California. I know it took a lot of planning to pull this off. It is beautiful, thank you! Clink on the link below to watch the video.




http://www.talkingteaching.org/year-4-video/

The Gratitude Project




No comments:

Post a Comment