Thursday, May 19, 2016

Day 2 - Phoenix, AZ to Las Cruces, NM

When you spend 6 hours alone on your bike you have a lot of time to think. I planned out all the things I was going to share with you about today. Then Santa Ed invited me to sit in while he was being interviewed for a documentary on Vietnam Veterans and Run for the Wall.  Totally changed what I was going to share.

I was invited because Santa Ed considers me the "Charlie Mike" of the mission. Charlie Mike stands for "Continue the Mission". I am not a veteran but because of my passion to care for and serve veterans and active service members the mission will continue. Santa Ed does not want, the Vietnam Memorial to turn into just another tourist attraction. He wants everyone to remember that every name on the wall was a person that could have had a life. But because they went to the war in Vietnam their life was cut short.  And the thousands that did come home from Vietnam were never the same.

We as a country, as a society, must never forget the sacrifices our service men and women make so we can live in peace!
That is why I ride. I ride for those that can't.

"The nation which forgets it's defenders will be itself forgotten"
Calvin Coolidge

I heard a very funny announcement over the radio today. "Watch out for cattle, New Mexico is free range country, cattle may be on the road". What the heck??? Did you know New Mexico has a free range policy? Yeah, me either.  From Deming to Las Cruces, free range. Your cattle can just wonder wherever they want.


Sleep well and remember when you say your prays tonight to pray for our service men and women and our veterans.

No comments:

Post a Comment