Saturday, March 21, 2015

A Practice Run like no other


The Practice rides continue as I prepare to ride my own bike on the 2015 Run For the Wall. Today we decided to ride bikes to San Juan Capistrano where I was to participate in the Swallows Day Parade with my Chapter of The Daughters of the American Revolution.


Kind of fun to mix two very different events that share so much in common. Daughters of the American Revolution motto is, God - Home - Country the organization is all about patriotism, honoring and remembering our veterans and preserving the heritage that founded this country.

 Run For the Wall's Mission Statement: To promote healing among ALL veterans and their families and friends, to call for an accounting of all Prisoners of War and those Missing in Action (POW/MIA), to honor the memory of those Killed in Action (KIA) from all wars, and to support our military personnel all over the world. The two complement each other quite well.

You might be wondering if I rode in the 1776 period costume. I'll just leave you wondering :) 

Only 52 days left to practice, are you ready? 

No comments:

Post a Comment