Monday, June 2, 2014

Love it, respect it - the American Flag

Check out this rider - it made me sick!!! For days I tried not to take a picture of her, my disgust was so fervent. On what planet could you possibly think it is okay to wrap your backpack in an American Flag and bungee cord it to your motorcycle?  

Clearly a violation of Flag Code 176 (h)
"The flag should never be used as a receptacle for receiving, holding, carrying, or delivering anything. 



Second observation of the day

What do you think of this?  It is from a concert I attended Saturday night at Segerstrom Hall entitled "To be American" When the flag was displayed I thought it looked a little off. The union (field of blue) looks out of proportion. Am I wrong?


Suspect it violates Flag Code 176 (d) 

"The flag should never be used as wearing apparel, bedding or drapery. It should never be festooned, drawn back nor up, in folds, but always allowed to fall free."

Does the flag looked drawn…? It is definitely rippled.


And what about bunting????

Section d continues…

"Bunting of blue white, and red, always arranged with the blue above, the white in the middle, and the red below, should be used for covering a speaker's desk, draping the front of the platform, and for decoration in general"

How picky should we be??? I'd love your thoughts and comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment